Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 43

Well Day 43 almost half way through my 90 day detox! Yes I am pleased with the results so far.  I as mentioned in previous blogs have a much less coughing.
I feel a need to stay honest because of the Feel Fit girls who know I am doing this and also because I have committed to writing this blog.

So her is the honesty, I fell of the no sugar detox and had several tlbs of honey and cinnamon. I had just read on face book how honey and cinnamon have many health benefits and I wanted something sweet so chose to believe it at that moment. However what was going to be only 1 tlbs turned into 3-4! I repeated the honey/cinnamon fix a week later.

I also fell of the no wine/ alcohol last Friday evening and had 2 glasses of white wine. Barb  felt I should celebrate  my half way mark in the detox. It was something about 40 days and 40 nights. Mind you it didn't take a lot of convincing. 

I treated myself this week to a coconut /pineapple milkshake. It was a little flat so I added dates and sunflower seeds. The dates gave it the sweetness I required.

Thank goodness more restaurants are adding gluten free choices to their menus. Last Mon. after visiting family in Carelton Place we found a restaurant "Bally Giblins which had a full page of gluten free choices!

To my surprise Billy T's had gluten free individual size pizza's. 
Pizza is one of the fast foods that I missed the most and now thank goodness I can get it now right in Shawville Domino's have a very good gluten free pizza as well.

I have to thank Ruth at the Cafe for her excellent gluten free pasta salad she made today for our Feel Fit meeting.

Now wish me luck as I continue towards the second half of the detox! I have not gotten sick. Touch wood!

Muriel

No comments: